Office Manager / Administrative Assistant
Start date: A.S.A.P.
Audax is a vertically integrated organization that provides Architecture, Interior Design, and Construction Management services to the luxury real estate market, with a strong focus on high-end residential work. The services are performed by the sister companies, Audax Architecture Inc. and Audax Construction Inc. The firm's work is motivated by Human Architecture, a unique approach that combines the best elements from traditional architecture with a modern aesthetic. We believe in beauty, history, and respect for the traditions of classical architecture. Audax provides a holistic approach that looks at the project's technical, aesthetic, and functional objectives. This combined expertise results in building and interior spaces with an articulated design language and a seamless integration between architecture, interior design, and décor.
The firm is looking for an Office Manager / Administrative Assistant to join their team.
To apply for this position, please visit https://audax.bamboohr.com/jobs/. We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The role of the Office Manager / Administrative Assistant is a full-time position in the company. As a full-service architecture, interior design, and construction studio, we are looking to bring on a professional who is a self-starter and organized to carry out the duties below. This position will offer the opportunity to collaborate with our internal design team and to work with some of the most successful and affluent homeowners and business people across Canada and internationally.
- College diploma or university degree
- 5-10 years relevant experience in managing day-to-day operations
- High-level skill with Microsoft Office applications (esp. Microsoft Word and Excel)
- Detail-oriented, precise, and proactive in their approach to work, and able to manage tasks of various types with minimal supervision
- Personable with good verbal communication skills and exudes a sense of personal style
- Familiarity with the architecture / design / construction industry an asset
- Support the Director of Operations in managing the day-to-day office procedures and resolve any issues that may arise
- Serve as executive assistant to the Principals and assist the Principals in personal errands and administrative tasks
- Assist in basic administrative duties, including greeting clients, fielding telephone calls, mail sorting, filing / organizing, aiding in the preparation of client / consultant meetings, running office errands, and ensuring cleanliness of the office at all times
- Monitor office keys, server backups, and all other items pertaining to office security
- General banking duties, including making deposits and payments
- Assist in creating presentation booklets
- Manage the office website and social media, including coordinating the marketing calendar
- Manage and review staff timesheets
- Assist in human resources and drafting / posting employment positions
- Oversee, plan, and schedule staff outings
Benefits of Working at Audax
- Hybrid working option available, to be discussed
- Given our 3 practice areas, you will have a unique and in-depth learning experience, provided by exposure to the day-to-day functions of architecture, interior design, and construction
- The opportunity to work with the best of the best, including the finest trades and craftsmen, the highest quality materials and finishes, with some of the most successful and affluent homeowners and business people across Canada and internationally
- The move to a new, custom-built office, located directly across the street from Trinity Bellwoods Park, just steps away from the shops and restaurants of Queen Street West, Dundas Street West, Little Italy, and Ossington Avenue. TTC stop at your doorstep.
- Regular staff socials, lunches, and events
- Dental and health benefits package
- Paid time off between Christmas and New Year's Day
- The opportunity to learn and grow from continuing education and the support of professional development
- A vibrant and creative workspace, set alongside a team of positive, hardworking, and supportive staff
- A work culture that encourages growth, teamwork, and positivity, and an "open door" policy that promotes open communication with management