BIM Coordinator / Quantity Surveyor / Estimator
Start date: A.S.A.P.
Audax is a vertically integrated organization that provides Architecture, Interior Design, and Construction Management services to the luxury real estate market, with a strong focus on high-end residential work. The services are performed by the sister companies, Audax Architecture Inc. and Audax Construction Inc. The firm's work is motivated by Human Architecture, a unique approach that combines the best elements from traditional architecture with a modern aesthetic. We believe in beauty, history, and respect for the traditions of classical architecture. Audax provides a holistic approach that looks at the project's technical, aesthetic, and functional objectives. This combined expertise results in building and interior spaces with an articulated design language and a seamless integration between architecture, interior design, and décor.
The firm is looking for a BIM Coordinator / Quantity Surveyor / Estimator to join their team.
To apply for this position, please visit https://audax.bamboohr.com/jobs/. We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The role of the BIM Coordinator / Quantity Surveyor / Estimator is a full-time position in the company. As a full-service architecture, interior design, and construction studio, we are looking to bring on a professional who is a self-starter and organized to carry out the duties below. This position will offer the opportunity to collaborate with our internal design team and to work with some of the most successful and affluent homeowners and business people across Canada and internationally. This role is a critical component to the execution of design and construction drawings in the studio. The position will support the Project Managers and Designers with technical drawings throughout each phase of a project.
- Degree in Architecture, Construction Management, Engineering, or similar
- Completion of Construction Management Certificate Program or equivalent an asset
- Minimum 10-15 years of relevant post-graduate experience as a BIM Coordinator and in cost estimating
- Advanced working knowledge of Revit, BIM360
- Experience in luxury houses required. Experience in other building types and interiors an asset.
- Strong knowledge of the Ontario Building Code and other applicable laws
- Well-organized and detail-oriented problem solver with excellent time management skills
- Personable with excellent presentation skills
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Support the Project Managers and Designers in BIM implementation and management
- Serve as the point of contact for all BIM processes and reports, during all phases of construction
- Monitor the BIM model for all new projects
- Develop and manage each project's Revit model, while providing direction and advice
- Manage BIM content libraries and standards
- Troubleshoot and coordinate BIM related issues
- Analyze models provided by architects, engineers, subcontractors, and other consultants to identify potential coordination and constructability issues
- Prepare cost estimates, reports, and statements at regular intervals for the duration of a project
- Prepare Bill of Quantity documents for tendering
- Aid in the evaluation of tenders received
- Ability to read, review, and prepare contract documents
- Promote core values of teamwork, quality design, professionalism, and the highest level of client service
Benefits of Working at Audax
- Hybrid working option available
- Given our 3 practice areas, you will have a unique and in-depth learning experience, provided by exposure to the day-to-day functions of architecture, interior design, and construction
- The opportunity to work with the best of the best, including the finest trades and craftsmen, the highest quality materials and finishes, with some of the most successful and affluent homeowners and business people across Canada and internationally
- The move to a new, custom-built office, located directly across the street from Trinity Bellwoods Park, just steps away from the shops and restaurants of Queen Street West, Dundas Street West, Little Italy, and Ossington Avenue. TTC stop at your doorstep.
- Regular staff socials, lunches, and events
- Dental and health benefits package
- Paid time off between Christmas and New Year's Day
- The opportunity to learn and grow from continuing education and the support of professional development
- A vibrant and creative workspace, set alongside a team of positive, hardworking, and supportive staff
- A work culture that encourages growth, teamwork, and positivity, and an "open door" policy that promotes open communication with management